Sunday, May 06, 2007

Round One To The Spurs


Only seems fitting that in the battle between the two best (according to record) teams left in the NBA playoffs taking place on the Maweather/de la Hoya weekend would have someone busted up as badly as Steve Nash was. This is going to be a great series, and since I'm officially holding out hope for Suns/Warriors in the Western Conference Finals - although the Jazz are a tough match-up for Golden State - this site is 100% behind the fall of San Antonio.

Three side notes as I lounge around my Dillon guest suite on a blustery South Bend day:

1) Fracture? It's a decent thriller, but it's so slow. I enjoyed Villain Anthony Hopkins too much to really root for Ryan Gosling, who does well in the part. You don't come out of the theater buzzing about it and the reveal probably isn't as well done as it could be. Just a "meh".

2) Now that my time in DC is over, I'm going to need a new name for the site. I'll probably be bouncing ideas off of people, because I think I know what I want to go with.

3) 148 million dollars?! If Spiderman 3's destruction at the box office is any sign of the summer to come, Hollywood is going to be very, very happy (And very, very screwed, because it's hard to churn out a half dozen sequels every summer). I still don't understand why they don't just count ticket sales so you don't have to adjust for inflation, but it must make people happy to announce very large (or small) numbers and remark about them. Here's your Adjusted for Inflation list, which doesn't look a whole lot like the actual one, which has 12 of the top 20 occurring in this millennium.

No comments: