Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Why The World Hates Us: Reason #3546

After a great weekend up at Sean's Fortress of Solitude in Minnesota, and with the rest of the group leaving on an earlier flight, we killed the last couple hours before my flight left wandering about the Mall of America. The actual Mall is exactly what you would think it would be: a huge, huge mall featuring a variety of awesome stores with an amusement park in the middle.

However, standing just inside the entrance to Abercrombie and Fitch were a male and female model, the guy shirtless in a pair of blue jeans and the girl just standing beside him in a tanktop and shorts. I can't imagine any scenario where this is necessary, and I'd like to meet anyone who was encouraged to enter the store because of this and not instead turned off by the sheer awkwardness of the entire thing. I'm sure there's some nice things in Hollister, Abercrombie and stores of that ilk I'd like to purchase to wear, but sadly, I can't get over the revulsion in my stomach anytime I get near the door.

I know it's Superbad week, and I haven't got to cover The Pick-Up Artist or the new Real World yet, but with the collegiate football season fast approaching and with my beloved co-writer at Rakes sans internet for the rest of the week, I'm going to have to focus a bit more time over there for the next few days. Not that any reader or casual observer of this blog isn't used to extended breaks in posting, but at least I'm telling you this time.


As of 9:04 PM today, with 17 precincts reporting, RottenTomatoes has it at 94%.

No comments: