Monday, May 02, 2005

”Saying a Little Prayer For You” Ramblings

As Finals week begin/continue across college campuses, I’m going to express sincere thanks in the fact I now have two days until my next final on Thursday morning. I turn in my completed seminar portfolio tomorrow, then try to get myself into a Theology/Evolution/Business Calculus assassin mindset. Considering I’d rather just be playing cards and watching NBA playoffs, this could prove most difficult. Since I don’t study past 7:00 without serious concentration, I’m going to ease myself into it with some blogging.

*

Our original plan of printing out alternate yellow shirts and selling them for ten bucks apiece has already been adopted by a couple quicker-moving individuals across campus, and kudos to them. I won’t buy the “nasty”-themed t-shirts, as I’d like to see Charlie’s team actually win before I make our coach’s mantra my own, but it’s good to know that other than the die-hards, very few people will be wearing the official Shirts next year.

*

Our version? “Shuck the Firt”. Catchy, aye?

*

The Nuggets better win tonight, or their series with the Spurs is essentially over. Down 3-1 going back to San Antonio, on a three-game losing streak? Then again, everyone assumed the Lakers were goners going down 2-0 to Tim Duncan’s crew. Another couple of games like Saturday night, and it’ll officially be Manu Ginobli’s team.

*

I’m pretty sure the first thing I’m doing with any intensity upon getting home Saturday afternoon is driving the Mustang for as long as the gas-tank will hold out. I really miss driving. A lot.

*

Next Friday: The worst offensive team in the majors, your Pittsburgh Pirates, will be at home for the first game I can see of the season, and Will Ferrell’s new, potentially-terrible-but-probably-very-good comedy Kicking & Screaming opens. Choices, choices…

*

Terrible news on the summer front, as Daveman has announced, via Livey, that the Livengood pool probably won’t be ready until June. Something about the heater and the liner and a bunch of pool talk I don’t understand the concepts of. I just want to play DunkBall. Is that too much to ask?

*

I’m not sure anyone has ever dominated a class like Pete and I did to our Mythology course this semester. Now hopefully our grades reflect this, but I’m pretty sure we’re guaranteed A’s with an asterisk for the best seven-minute quiz studying sessions that yielded 100%’s in the class.

*

Early reports are that Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is worth seeing, but I don’t think it could possibly be better than xXx: State of the Union. Honestly, I just like to keep bringing that up to go xXx, as opposed to XXX, but that’s just me.

*

I’m considering Australia for my abroad studies, because apparently the studies will take place right next to the beach and the courseload is unbelievably low, even for abroad. But do I miss the home game against Penn State and Anthony Morelli getting his leg broken by Victor to hang out with kangaroos? Maybe I won’t have to, but I would have to find a sports bar and change my sleeping habits come March Madness time.

*

Ludacris’ rap in “Sugar” or 50 Cent in “This Is How We Do”? 50, of course, but Luda (ahem, Christopher Bridges), gives him a run.

*

So let’s say I’m working this summer, how many weeks can I take off? I’ll need at least a week for the Midwest Swing, and if I go to Boston that’ll be a day or two, and then if I go south at all, that’s another solid week. If I work next semester like I’m planning, I really only need to make enough to cover stuff for the room (big screen, uh, stop light, uh, everything in the room will rhyme with UH), so I could conceivably take off quite a bit. We’ll see how it goes.

*

As if ruining the economy and sending a bunch of troops to die for Operation Oil Liberation wasn’t enough, G-Dub made the wonderful decision of pre-empting Joey, Will & Grace, Survivor and The OC on Thursday night. To make it even funnier, last week was National TV Turn-off Week. I’m not sure if the president is implying what we should do when he’s attempting to talk, but I can take the hint.

*

On the bright side, two episodes this Thursday night. Apologies to those of you with finals early or doubled-up to end the week, but it’s going to be an enjoyable two hours to close out this semester’s OC viewing. We tried to get a copy of last week’s episode from the internet, but even the Best Downloading Section On Campus had difficulty procuring the episode that only aired in Canada.

*

Rockets/Mavs and studying time. Good luck to everyone with the Finals, and I’ll try to put something more coherent together tomorrow.

No comments: