Saturday, June 10, 2006

Two Ends of the Intellectual Spectrum

On one end of the spectrum, West Shamokin's graduation ceremony was last night. I was trying to dig up my speech from ours, but it doesn't exist on our old computer, and I wouldn't even know where to start looking for a hard copy. If one turns up, I'll post it, because I still believe it's the greatest graduation speech in the vaunted six-year history of West Shamokin.



On the other side, we have the cast of Real World: Austin, and the endless fun that is making fun of Danny and Melinda. TVGasm has the entire ordeal between Danny and his Challenge partner, Ev, and here's the link to Danny's MySpace, which is absolutely hilarious in how retarded he is, and Ev's well-written rant on him. I almost want to get MySpace just to comment on Ev and Danny's posts, but I don't want to comment on them that badly.

*

Two important sporting notes:

Zibby makes his pro boxing debut tonight at MSG, and BlueGraySky has the boxing handle contest and other coverage. Rob was considering going, but I'm not sure what he's ending up doing.

Also, I was surprised to find that you can get standing room only tickets to the Home Run Derby on StubHub for 80 bucks (93 with processing fees and taxes). Dill and I just purchased our two, so hopefully we don't end up getting shafted, but it's a calculated risk, as how often do you get to see the Home Run Derby in person?



(Also, on StubHub, the cheapest ticket for the Penn State/Notre Dame game is 495 dollars. That is absolutely BLEEPING insane. Who doesn't love them some Irish? Also, tickets for the Notre Dame at Georgia Tech game are hovering around 160. I'm interested, that's for sure.)

No comments: