Thursday, May 05, 2005

”Gotta hold on, we’re halfway there….Woah-Oh….”

Just got done rocking my second of four finals. Rocking may be a strong word, but as my friend Brian from 3rd floor put it, “You coulda probably got a 50 on that thing and still get an A- with a perfect in everything else in the class.” Considering I had a 95.95% going into my Theo final, I feel pretty good I’ll escape my first set of Theo and Philo classes with nothing worse than last semester’s B+ in Philo.

It seems fitting I’d have my only multiple finals – science is this afternoon, and I think I’ll be fine after a hardy afternoon of reviewing – on a day with multiple OC’s. That’s the giddy light at the end of the tunnel for today, along with the 70-degree weather and the fact tomorrow will mark the end of my freshman year of college. I’m also absolutely thrilled about putting the end of year review together, although everyone still needs to get their favorite memories in. Katie suggested a Shel Silverstein-esque poem, but I’m not quite sure if that’s in me or not. Maybe the quality hills of Western PA will do the inspirational trick.

Songs of Right Now:

Ben Folds – “Landed”
Michelle Branch – “Goodbye To You”
Trick Daddy – “Sugar (Remix)”
Willie Nelson – “Maria (Shut Up and Kiss Me)”
The Beatles – “Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds”
Norah Jones – “The Long Way Home”
Europe – “The Final Countdown”
Creeper Lagoon – “Under The Tracks”


Show on DVD of Right Now:

The Office, since Brendan and Matt both finished Buffy Season Six, although it will be replaced by a last hurrah of Arrested on Friday night.


Floundering Fantasy Baseball Team of Right Now:

Danny Klee’s entry in the Dillon League


Show I’m Downloading Every First Season Episode Of To Watch Over The Summer:

Desperate Housewives


Show I’ll Be Buying the DVD of June 7th (Finally):

Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman


Summer Tour I Anxiously Hold My Breath Waiting To Happen, Though Severely Doubt It Will:

Norah Jones and the Handsome Band


Movie Trailer Of Right Now

Batman Begins, with smoking-hot-Tom-Cruise-girlfriend Katie Holmes making her Gotham debut and looking quite good.





Debate With Dill of Right Now

The merits of Manu Ginobli (my platform) against Joe Johnson (his), to be settled in Gina’s basement over some Strawberry Breeze and the Western Conference Finals.


Show Coming Out In September Of Right Now

Stephen Colbert’s, of Daily Show fame, The Colbert Report, which will make fun of Bill O’ Reilly and actually feature a segment where Stephen debates with himself over matters.


What I’m Going To Be Studying Right Now

The wondrous details of evolution and the human genome. The desk cleaning startted yesterday, the goodbyes start tonight, and while they’re totally expected, it’s still an unnecessary necessary evil. Enjoy the weather and good luck with finals.

No comments: