Friday, March 25, 2005

Friday Morning Ramblings

The biggest problem with sleeping on our couch is that once you wake up, it’s incredibly difficult to reposition yourself to fall back asleep if you’re not that tired. That explains why I was up an hour and a half ahead of schedule, already burnt CD’s and packed for the ride home.

Poker tomorrow night for all of folks currently attending or alumnied from West Shamokin. Special guests include Brendan, Pete, Patrick and Salim Stoudamire vs. The Illinois backcourt in an ol’ fashioned Elite Eight shootout. Should be a dandy.

It’s funny how you can treat someone the exact same way consistently, only the response changes. The outside variables in life are quite interesting.

I missed The Amazing Race this week due to my seven hour work megashift, and I was actually bummed about it. I missed The OC last night due to watching basketball, and I couldn’t care less. The most excited I am about any single TV show is not a season finale or anything like that, but simply Brendan getting to “Once More, With Feeling”, the Buffy musical episode, so I can watch it with him.

Of course, every episode of Arrested Development is a close second, but it’s uncomfortable watching knowing this could be the last season, depending on how the new FOX regime handles things.

“These guys used to be like that, too…three, four….”

I love how the day after it was sunny out and we could play hoops outside, it’s now snowy. On March 25th. This is ridiculous.

I had a pretty immaculate run of gaming over the last week or so. First, MacKrell and I rallied from down 17-3 to beat Flanagan and Chad 21-20 at Cornhole, and then Brendan and I rallied from down 7-3 to beat Flanagan and DK 10-8 at Euchre. Also in there were 27 straight beatdowns by Pete and I over Katie and Christina in CornHole. Yesterday, I dropped two threes in a perfect shooting performance from the field as we won our pick-up game, and then Matt and I bested Brendan and MacKrell, the Pong elitists. Excluding my two year streak of never losing at NFL Blitz, that was right up there, especially with the diversity of games.

Anything cooler than being asked if you’d like to start your meal off with some cocktails, a martini or perhaps a bottle of wine at age 19? Nope, didn’t think so.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Batman Begins, Star Wars: Episode III? That’s a monster trio to start the summer out with. I can’t imagine anything following them up, although Tom Cruise over-acting in War of the Worlds may give it a run.

Again, Thomas Hayden Church has to be playing Eddie Brock/Venom in Spiderman 3. He’s so perfect for it. Blissfully insecure while macho with the potential for just the right amount of jealousy/vengeance.

I'm not trying to start an argument here, I'd just like to know if there is better road-tripping music than The Eagles. If so, please let me know so I can burn me whatever it is for the countless road trips I will be undoubtedly taking over the next three years.

I’m not sure if I mentioned this yet, but Sean, the roomie, bought Everquest 2. I simply cannot purchase it, or my life will be over. The original was the most engrossing, time-consuming and fun game I ever played, and while Sean realizes his dream of being an evil conjurer, I must stay away from it.

Even though I do have my Dark Elf Fighter (soon to be a Shadow Knight if I ever get the time) up to Level Six already…

Last night I was probably supposed to have gone out to TC partying, but how could Pete, Barcus and I leave the room with JamesOn Curry, Salim Stoudamire, Bob Knight, Channing Frye, Ronald Ross, John Lucas, Joey Graham, Mike Gansey, Kevin Pittsnogle and Lute Olson’s beautiful hair all on at one time? That right there is the beauty of March Madness, and there’s still eight games left this weekend to decide the Final Four.

I'm pretty sure I don't like The Da Vinci Code, but then again, if I put every book I read under this kind of scrutiny due to my seminar, I probably wouldn't like any of them either.

Even though I said earlier I didn’t miss it, did anyone tape The OC last night? Talking about Lute Olson’s hair got me thinking about Peter Gallagher’s eyebrows, which got me thinking about Kirsten Cohen, and now I’m feeling the pangs of withdrawal. I’m so weak.

I realize “pangs” generally goes with “hunger”, but I thought I’d mix it up a little bit.

Didn’t work, did it?

Well, I think it’s about time to wander around, gather the troops and head back across the barren wasteland that is Ohio and celebrate March Madness (and Easter, too, I guess) with the family.

Happy Easter, and remember to vote for the dance-off.

No comments: